Mindset of Young Children These Days
- Cousin: Hands my niece a bowl of fried rice.
- Niece: - Doesn't eat it-
- Cousin: Hands my niece a bag of chips.
- Niece: -Eats 1 chip, pushes the bag away-
- Me: Why don't you want to eat it?
- Niece: I need to eat less in order to stay skinny.
- My niece is 5 years old. She's barely 35 lbs. This is NOT healthy, and an extremely non-healthy mindset for young children. Just a reminder for everyone out there, be mindful of what your children or children you know eat. It's important to eat right and healthy, but NOT right if they're not eating at all. This should not be the mindset of a 5 year old nor anyone, and I wish this can go around as a friendly reminder.